Friday, September 5, 2008

Bangkok Dangerous: The Death of Nicholas Cage's Career




Have you ever seen a Nicholas Cage movie? I have, I've seen a lot of them. And let me tell you, I've begun to wonder why this individual has a career. He's had a long list of mediocre, and forgettable films. Now I know what you're thinking, "Well there are plenty of bad actors who have jobs?" And that would be correct. But, this guy's movies...the few that make any money (National Treasure) are kids flicks. There's a saying, "No man is an island". Now that is correct, there's another one too, "No man can survive on kid flicks."

So when a man like Cage, takes roles like these...in films like these...and doesn't even do a reputable job in them...I want to know who's paying him and why. Exactly those words, WHO and WHY?

I've seen his one, only decent flick, and that's Leaving Las Vegas. His performance is memorable, and could be the only reason studio heads are ok'ing him to star, and hopefully grab some attention in their movies. Cage can't even do that. Word on the street is, Cage's real name is Nicolas Coppola. Ha! Seems like he didn't want to bring any shame to that family of prestigous filmakers (Francis Ford Coppola, and Sophia Coppola).

Who knows whay this guy's future is, but I hope it's something respectfull.

No comments: